To help ensure the smooth organization of QUANTA '98,
participants are requested to abide by the rules and regulations listed
1) Students will wear complete school uniform at
all times during the competitions. Identification badges
will be presented to the participants upon arrival. These must be worn
on the left breast-pocket at all times.
2) Seven students accompanied by a teacher, (who will
be the Team Leader), will make up a team. Additional members, including
infants and children will not be accommodated.
3) Out-station team members (including teacher Team Leaders)
must be present at the venue at all times. Shopping trips and sight-seeing
opportunities will be made possible after the conclusion of QUANTA '98,
i.e., on 22nd or 23rd
November, 1998. ( Medical facilities will be available at the venue. A
round-the-clock communications center will function for telephone services,
fax and e- mail facilities.)
4) No friends or outsiders will be allowed to meet participants
or Team Leaders till the competition is over i.e. 9:00 am. of 22nd
5) Discipline and decorum is to be maintained at all
times. Team Leaders will be personally responsible for the conduct of the
team members. Any breach of discipline may lead to the disqualification
of the team. The organizers may be constrained to request the team to withdraw
from the venue.
6) Meal Timings: Outstation participants are requested
to abide by the following timings for the convenience of the catering staff:
Breakfast 7:00 am. to 8:00 am.
Lunch 1:00 pm. to 2:00 pm.
Dinner 8:00 pm. to 9:00 pm.
7) Team leaders will confer with the Secretary, QUANTA
'98 every night at 9:15pm. in the Control Room.
8) Every event will be conducted in English.
9) Rail / Air fares will be borne by the participants
/ Institutions. Please see Special
10) City Montessori School, Lucknow, will be happy to
provide hospitality free of cost to all out-station participants. This
includes transport from and to the Railway station / Airport, boarding
and lodging at Lucknow.
11) The sanctity of the judgement of each competition,
will be maintained by autonomous, professional, experts who will prepare
the tasks. All Judges will be experts in their fields and will in no way
be connected with the City Montessori Schools.
12) Participants are advised to ensure the safety of
their possessions while residing at the venue. The organizers will not
be in a position to entertain any complaints in this regard.
13) Lights-out will be at 11:00 pm..
14) It is not essential for a team to participate in
all events. However, once registered for an event, the team is obliged
to participate in that event.
15) No participant will be allowed to leave the Auditorium
/ Venue once an event has begun. The Team Leader must be present with the
participants during every event.
16) Teams withdrawing from the competitions of their
own will, or being requested to withdraw on grounds of indiscipline will
be disqualified from QUANTA '98. The points achieved (if any), will be
cancelled and the appropriate changes in ranking will be made.